Wednesday 22 July 2009

The learning curve of fire


In the middle of June I tried to teach myself how to take nice photographs of fire. I have always liked the random but still very pattern-like images a bonfire make.

All the late summer evenings grilling marshmallows and sausages on a stick, listening to the evening birds and smelling that fresh outdoors at its best, feeling the heat of the flame in my face and trying to capture that moment forever…
Or just staring into the fire and imagine small fire gnomes or creatures living in there, what are they doing…

so. in trying to capture that feeling, with camera, without burning my fringes off, this was the result;

darthvaderflames

This kinda looks like Darth Wader yelling at some stormtroopers

falmez

I’m gonna call this the three-headed alien flame.

So. Some I got very happy with =) good first try anyways. Oh and yes, these are only the good ones, I’m not telling how many not-meeting-the-quality. Didn’t burn anything important(it was freezing outside anyway, so close to fire was good)

And yes. This was Johannus evening. Very traditional Finnish thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment