Sunday 1 August 2010

Renovating, part one

So here I have had this idea on my mind for a very long time; paint a dragon or something on our bedroom wall(the one which is pure red).

This is your standardised before picture.

Finally I have gotten around to get it all organised, gotten hold of the equipment needed and so on.
When it was left to choose which motive we wanted, we flipped through alot of scandinavian tatoo and tribal magazines, always looking for a dragon. We found one that could fit and looked good. Not completely convinced that we had seen all the options, I googled tribal dragon, and found plenty.
This one picture had something very catchy about it, tho it was not a dragon. It was a tiger.
It ended with flipping a coin to be able to choose between a dragon and a tiger, we got the latter.


is it the chessire cat??

Starting to take its shape...

....Almost there...
When it comes to the design of this tiger, I vould like to give the artist credit, but since it popped up in a google picture search, I have no clue. It was mounted together with a very cool looking fenris wolf and a black bird, but the file info gives nothing more than a random line of numbers. So, hats off to the designer, whoever you are, I figured it would be okay to use your design in my personal home, since I didn't go and earn money off you. :)

And Voila! I have made myself a tiger. *proud*

Bedroom now smells like oil paint, and the bed is still pushed aside. When the room is 100% finished, I'll honour it with a picture and a posting =)

3 comments: