Tuesday 3 August 2010

Revamping apartment, stage 2

Its really stage one, but I was so excited about my tiger wall, that I ranted it off before what I really started out with. but anyway. SOFA!


Our apartment have been sortof looking like a office for a while, since the main furniture has been concentrated about computers and such. We have been longing for a sofa to cuddle up and watch movies in, but havent really seen where the hell it should ba placed. And besides, our livingroom has a stoopid layout when it comes to doors and windows placement. Also, new sofas costs quite some €€.
Answer was to play some tetris with the furniture we have, and consider about changing some things. And going to the local kierrätyskeskus - second hand place à la salvation army. There we scored a beige "beauty" two seater that is quite spacious -32€.


Those who know me I believe can agree with the statement that I don't r eally like beige. Neither does my boyfriend. But Hey! we have IKEA and their reasonably priced fabrics around the corner. And I'm pretty pro on the sewingmachine.


Result:




Even Kosmo has approved...
Thoughts about this:
IKEAs "minna" fabric is very durable and takes 60C washes in the machinge. However, it wrinkles quite easily, so it's very annoying to keep tidy-looking. And a gray cat with gray fabric couch is not as camouflaging as one might think. The sheaded fur shows just as easy as on a black fabric.

2 comments:

  1. "I'm pretty pro on the sewing machine.", I concur! Not only it became pretty, its comfortable now =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I will say I'm pretty pro at the sewing machine related stuff :*

    ReplyDelete