Monday 16 May 2011

There's something about the water

I've been here in Kristianstad, Skåne län, Sweden now for over a week, and there is something about the water that makes me wonder.

For one, it tastes very different. Which I noticed this weekend when I was in Göteborg with Amanda. The water here just tastes... plasticy.. ish. hard to describe really. But its not a fresh or refreshing taste.

And its IMPOSSIBLE to feel that the soap is fully rinsed away from dishes, showering, washing hands, hairwash etc. My hair looks like a bland dull red cloth that has been out in the sun too long. I'm worrying a bit about coloring it. Will I ever get the chemicals out from the hair?

HOW do the people here do it? I've seen people with shiny, clean and no leftover-soap-look in their hair. Do they have very long showers, or is there a secret "Skåne-soap" that everyone use?

And I washed a white tank top here the other day, it came back with weird-ass looking stains on it. Like the yellowish brown color that can come on the inside of mens white shirt collars after long time use. But it was on the outside of the top. I swear it was not spilled on or spotty before going in the washer.

Is it because the water here contains more minerals, that it feels so different? In any case, I prefer water from my own hometown(s) best.

No comments:

Post a Comment