Monday 5 December 2011

5: December

Read any blogs lately where you sit back with envy and astonishment at their cleverness, creativity, imaginative creations and a whole lot of "aaargh if only I had the time to do all this!! Do they even do a honest days work, that takes up most of their days!??" ??

This is to show how I believe "normal" people do all of their fancy design work. Or, it's to tell about what took place before the showing off the supreme results that makes everyone want to envy those before mentioned bloggers.

September 2009; there is a sale in Bauhaus, I get a clever idea about a very pretty wall-sticker I found.
October 2009; the idea takes form, and has most of what is needed to create it. The search for a frame-less, large-enough wall clock starts.
End of October 2009: the perfect clockwork was found and bought.

Suddenly, Christmas gifts has to be shopped and shipped. New year come and go, and the clock has been put to a cabinet, we study and life goes on.

July 2010: I start renovating and painting another room, and gain interest for a whole lot of other projects (result 1, result 2)
August 2010: "Why don't we also put that clock on the wall, now when we have so much action on the interior front" my boyfriend asks. "good idea" is my answer.
...

About a year later, the clock is finally on the wall.

And let me just teach you something from this experience: Don't let wall-stickers with this amount of detail sit in a closet too long. The HÄSSÄKKÄ to put it up is enormous. The glue is old, sticky and leaves chunks of paper where it shouldn't be. And all this time the whole project has been consisting of TWO parts: sticker+clock (*embarrassment*)

Result is pretty, and without this whole story, most people would have the reaction that I get sometimes when I read about other peoples nice looking creations on their blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment